Frostbite - 3D Print

Yesterday I 3D printed a prop from Krunker. Krunker is an online video game 1st person shooter. The item I was printing is called a Frostbite. It looks similar to an ax. Krunker has Mod files so that others can modify the game like sounds, models, colors, etc. It also has 3D models called OBJ files for the weapons and accessories, but the problem was is that all of the OBJ files were named "Melee_0," "Melee_1," etc. It didn't have notes or anything that suggested what was what. So I DM'd my friend who makes a lot of 3D models and worked with Krunker on them, and I asked him if I could get the "Frostbite" 3D model, and he responded with the correct file, which made it a lot easier for me (Link to his Youtube Channel.) 

Now all I had to do is upload it to the slicer. So that's what I did. When using Krunker models in 3d prints, I noticed that they are tiny when imported straight to the slicer, so I scaled it up using the built-in tool that Cura (my slicer) comes with. So I sliced it, and surprisingly, the estimated time that it was gonna take was about 3 hours and 40 minutes. But after about an hour in, the print came completely off of the board. So I stopped the print, cleaned off the board, and sprayed some hairspray on it. Then I started the print again. It looked to be doing well. Still, after the first 2 hours, it warped on the handle, Unfourtanitly this has been happening a lot recently to most of my 3D prints, so I will probably have to adjust the nozzle temperature or the bed temperature lower or higher, I am not yet certain which. I will probably do a blog post on that in the future.

Once the print was finished, I had removed it from the board and checked it. It went pretty well except for the warping on the handle. Soon I will paint it with acrylic paints and give it some modge-podge to finish it off, which I will post a picture on Instagram once it is finished. If you want to see the finished product follow me using this link: Instagram

3D Printing "Baby Yoda" from The Mandolorian

Yesterday I printed a fun thing I found on Thingiverse, it was Baby Yoda from The Mandolorian Star Wars tv show (link to thing here). the first time I printed it I had scaled it down so small that it only took twenty minutes to 3D print, the next time I scaled it up and it took two hours to print, the end result was pretty good so today I painted it the colors of Baby Yoda. These are the settings I used:

Infill: 20% 

Supports: Yes

Layer Height: 0.2 

at the time that I am writing this, I am printing Baby Yoda's little floating crib!

(Above: My 3D print)


(Below: Baby Yoda)

Analog Stick for Xbox 360 Controller

Last Sunday I 3D printed a thumbstick for my Xbox 360 controller, a thumbstick is, as Wikipedia puts it: "An analog stick (or analog stick in British English), sometimes called a control stick, joystick, or thumbstick, is an input device for a controller (often a game controller) that is used for two-dimensional input." A thumbstick is a piece that is on most video game controllers that you move around to control the objects in the video game. My thumbstick on my controller had a bit broken off of it, and it sometimes hurt when I pushed it up every time that I played a game. Then I decided to print a new one on the ender-3, I found one on Thingiverse (Here), so then I downloaded the STL file, uploaded it to Cura, then saved the data to the sd card and started printing. When the print was finished, I noticed that the supports were a little stronger then I had expected. But I was able to take off the supports using pliers, after that, I took apart my controller and was switching them when I realized that I needed to make the hole on the bottom of the thumbstick bigger so I can attach it on. I spent another ten minutes trying to drill the right size hole, once I had gotten it to fit I put the controller back together, and another problem came I needed to sand the side part down more so that it made it easier for me to move it around. Once I had done that, I tried it out, and it worked pretty well! I am excited to use the 3D printer for other parts I may need in the future.

(Above Xbox one controller thumbstick)

PrintrBot

About a week ago, my brother gave me his 3D printer. I had started printing some tests, and then I printed started to print mask relief straps, mask relief straps are straps for when you are wearing a mask that goes around your ears it sometimes hurts your ear, so these are for the back of your head here is the model for it on a 3D printing website. But when I printed some, the problem was is that it was meant for people who have a lot of hair on the back of their heads; otherwise, it slips down. But I looked around a little more on Thingiverse, and I found a remix of it with a comb, Here is the model for that. The next day my Mom had needed me to print about 100 of them for the masks that she is selling. So I started printing but, the 3D printer that Nicholas gave me could only print one at a time and it took 40 minutes each so my brother Nicholas brought over his other 3D printer the Ender-3 and I started printing on there. I print about 25 mask relief straps a day. Here is a timelapse of the ender-3 printing mask relief straps: